This may seem a very simple how and why but I can assure you the process is worth it. Busting cellulite and relieving stress who wouldn't give it a go?! Yes ladies we are talking body brushing!
It might seem simple but are you body brushing correctly to get all the benefits?
1. Purchase a natural bristle brush with long handle so that it can reach all areas of your body. Avoid synthetic brushes.
2. Remove any clothing and stand in the bathtub or shower to catch any falling dry skin.
3.DO NOT wet the skin. Dry brushing says it all - dry skin.
4. Starting at the bottom of your feet, move in long sweeping motions towards your heart. (stroking away from the heart can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins).
5. Brush each area several times and overlapping as you go to ensure you do not miss a spot. Be careful over the more sensitive areas such as breasts not to be too rough.
6. Once you have brushed your entire body step in the shower and wash as you would normally.
7. After you have showered pat your skin dry and apply a natural oil like olive oil or coconut oil to the entire body.
Now we ask exactly WHY are we doing all this?
1. Exfoliates dead skin. As you get older, it is helpful to exfoliate once or twice a week to help renew the skin and remove any dead skin cells for the fresher appearance.
2. Stimulates the lymphatic system. Dry brushing can help the lymphatic system remove toxins from the body.
3. Reduces cellulite. Dry brushing helps stimulate the cells and breakdown toxins from beneath the skin which may help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
4. Unclogs pores. Unclog your skins pores and help your skin absorb more nutrients with dry brushing.
5. Stress relief. Much like a hand massage, dry brushing can provide much needed stress relief and help your body heal much faster from any inflammation that it may have.
So next time you hit your local Priceline or Myer be sure to pick up a body brush. Just a few minutes twice a week can make a world of difference.